There is lots going on in the church whether it's on a Sunday morning, midweek, at the church building, or out in the community.
Please choose from the options in the navigation to the right to see all that is going on.
Preaching Series - Autumn 2018 - 'Church: What is our Calling?'
During the Autumn Term at Trinity Methodist Church we will be having a preaching series.
We will be thinking about the past, present and future of our church through our calling and vision.
The series will be based on the reading Matthew 5:13-16
Salt and Light
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
What was out calling and what have done as a church?
Sunday 7th October: Joan Gregory
· The coming together of the three churches
· Our journey together
· Where are we now?
Sunday 14th October: Rev. Wallace Edwards
· The condition of England before the Methodist Revival
· What God accomplished through John and Charles Wesley, George Whitfield and others
· God can accomplish mighty works today but it may not be in the same way as he did in Wesley’s day
· Perhaps the way forward may be through social action such as food banks and coffee stops which are a success in many of our smaller churches.
Where we are and what we are doing
Sunday 21st October: Rev. Seung-Wook Jung
· What are we doing?
· What is happening in our church?
· Are we all aware of our calling?
Sunday 28th October: Dr. Roger Owers
· What is our situation and circumstances?
· Statistics paint a picture of decline but…
· We are the light!
· We hold onto something very important
· We hold onto something for the world
· ‘Brother Sister let me serve you, let me be as Christ to you.’
Where we are going to be & what is our calling?
Sunday 4th November: Peter Baker
· What is a future without a vision?
· Can we have a calling and have no vision?
· We need to find a vision to have a future
· The church started with a vision and an example in Christ
· Think about what God wants, what his vision might be not just as a small part here at Trinity but in a worldwide church
· The future is ahead and vision is forward looking not a backwards look to the glories of the past
Sunday 18th November: Rev. Seung-Wook Jung
· The next step
· What is our calling today?